Note: I was a reporter at MSN for about a year, and wrote quite a few stories during that time. When MSN changed its web server in 2014, all of my work was unfortunately deleted. I was able to recover some — but not all — of the stories via the Way Back Machine. Please excuse that formatting.
- How Peru overcame Colombia as the world’s cocaine king
- President Rafael Correa of Ecuador, Latin America’s rising star
- Border tensions flare between North Korea and China following nuclear test
- How serious is the North Korean nuclear threat?
- The bill making its way through the Ugandan parliament that once threatened to execute homosexuals
- Why Margaret Thatcher’s hometown won’t honor her
- The fight about how to honor Margaret Thatcher in her hometown continues
- Small towns and cities target drones with a vengeance
- If Detroit sells its art, city services and property, what could that money pay for?
- Detroit: Despite bankruptcy, poised for a comeback
- After the Asiana crash, what goes into a safe plane landing?
- $300,000 for a parking spot? Yup.
- NC Couple plans to have dolphin-assisted birth
- Comfort dogs rush in to soothe disaster victims
- Georgia high schoolers fight to integrate their school’s prom
- Will retailers end gender-based marketing for kids?
- Was Nordstrom tracking you as you shopped through your smartphone?
- How successful will hacktivist group Anonymous’ news site be?
- Google Glass faces criticism from privacy experts, businesses and lawmakers
- Drone shield: the newest, and perhaps only, deterrent against privately-owned drone intrusions
- The US government and private companies are teaming up to fight cybercrime
- Is Maker’s Mark making the wrong decision in watering down its bourbon?
- Is this it for Anthony Weiner?
- S. Florida mayors to duke it out for charity
- “Robin Hood” parking ticket liberators drive city officials bonkers
- Security experts and legislators say NSA cellphone snooping is nothing new
- Did the NRA ban a target that looked like President Obama from its convention?
- Nation’s first “Ag Gag” prosecution dismissed: Behind the laws that punish agriculture whistleblowers
- Michigan town wrestles with whether to let former Sen. Rick Santorum speak at high school
- Newtown residents upset about NRA robocalls
- Humanitarian parole: US immigration’s program for emergency access to the US
- Republican critics think Karl Rove should stop attacking the far-Right
- Cronuts: Behind the donut-croissant fad captivating New York foodies
- The story behind the “best obit ever,” and how the art form is alive and kickin’